Give your Feet a Treat!

Please Wait 10 Seconds...!!!Thank You!
- See more at: http://www.exeideas.com/2012/03/how-to-add-pop-up-facebook-like-box-for.html#sthash.sbHSGQBS.dpuf

Friday, July 5, 2013

To Share or Not to Share...

It's the Friday after the fourth of July and I sit here remembering back on yesterdays chaotic memories and wonder about if I might have shared too much with my relatives.
 
 

Granted and thankfully, I didn't just go all out and abandon my verbal filter with a cringing tale of domestic woes with any of them but I'm wondering if it might have ended up leaving some of them with a negative impression of our visit.

Okay, what horrible faux pas could I possibly have committed?

Well..and particularly lately, I have spent almost all of my free time on 'Ronniengirls'.  I crocheted a four piece bathroom set which included the new rag rug shape heart that wasn't as difficult as I thought and which in the end turned out looking pretty awesome and loving to share, I couldn't pack all of my crocheted children in our Jeep fast enough!
 
 

Do you hate those parents that in one conversation, seem to go on and on and on and on about their children and all of their 'not to unique' talents/skills?  In fact I myself cringed inwardly as I overheard a relative of my husbands family who I had never met before, relating to recently leaving the employment of a very well known actor and then shortly afterward asking another family member why they were wasting their time working at a job they didn't 'enjoy'.  So..were some of my relatives cringing inwardly as I was doing my own bit of bragging?
 
 

Having begun my rag rug business going a little over six months now, I'm looking at things differently now.  Trying to find a mutually happier sharing experience.  Letting my viewed crafting and final rag rugs speak for themselves and taking the time and love of crafting to let me enjoy and experience the wonderful and beautiful crafts and skills of others.  On the flip side of my own remembered personal impressions, I fondly recall meeting and spending time with adorable baby Sophie and viewing and sharing the amazingly detailed penciled portrait done by my husbands youngest sister.
 
 

So I guess in the end, all of us at one time or another wonder when, how much and what to share with another.  Surely trust is an important factor in the equation.  But when you have gotten past that, there is a vulnerability and a test of inner strength in dealing with issues of egos and mutual acceptance.
 
 

I want to thank and acknowledge my own talented, and sometime quite amazingly self sacrificing family and loved ones who have continued to love, value and embrace me and my talents despite all of my own personal quirks and flaws!  I hope they all had a wonderful fourth of July, filled with lots of beautiful and great memories!


No comments:

Post a Comment